Weather at Disneyland Paris for the next 7 days (Chessy). When to visit Disneyland Paris? Check out our comprehensive weather guide with temperatures, precipitation, sunshine, and crowds. Also, discover how to prepare and have fun in case of rain. Get ready for your magical stay!Weather Forecast Disneyland París
Discover everything you need to know about the weather at Disneyland Paris throughout the year. If you’re planning a trip to the magical land of dreams, it’s essential to know the weather conditions to better prepare for your visit.
If you intend to visit Disneyland Paris, note that it is not located in the city of Paris but in a nearby municipality called Chessy. Chessy is part of the Marne-la-Vallée region.
Best Months to Visit Disneyland Paris ?
At Disneyland Paris, temperatures vary significantly depending on the seasons. In winter, the coldest months are January and February, with temperatures dropping to around 2-3°C, and the maximum temperature typically hovering around 8-9°C. The winter landscape is often enhanced by shorter days, with around 4 hours of sunlight in January and February.
In spring, temperatures gradually begin to rise. In March, the average temperature reaches 13°C, and in April, it reaches 15°C. Daily sunshine also increases, reaching 7 hours in March and April. However, May tends to be one of the rainiest months of the year at Disneyland Paris, with an average daily rainfall of 26mm.
Avoid the Summer!
During summer, temperatures rise even further, with an average of 23°C in June, peaking in July and August with an average of 25°C. However, despite these summer temperatures, these two months are generally considered periods to avoid visiting the park due to the massive influx of visitors. Moreover, although the park enjoys maximum sunlight hours of 10 to 11 hours in June and July, the summer also experiences relatively high precipitation, with an average of 21mm per day in July and August.
Autumn sees a gradual decrease in temperature, with an average of 21°C in September, 17°C in October, and 11°C in November. Daily sunshine also decreases, dropping to 8 hours in September, 7 hours in October, and 5 hours in November. October is also a particularly rainy month, with an average daily rainfall of 25mm, making it one of the rainiest months of the year.
Which Period Should You Prefer?
In December, temperatures return to winter norms, with an average of 8°C. The sunshine level is the lowest of the year, with an average of 3 hours per day. Additionally, December is also one of the rainiest months, with an average daily rainfall of 26mm.
It is crucial to consider this weather information when planning your visit to Disneyland Paris. For shorter waiting times and fewer visitors, the period from mid-January to mid-March and mid-April to mid-May is preferred. If you prefer more shows and longer opening hours, plan your visit during the summer or on weekends and long weekends.
Regardless of the season you choose to visit Disneyland Paris, it’s important to be well-equipped according to the weather. Don’t forget to bring warm and waterproof clothing in winter and autumn, and light clothing and sunscreen in summer. Above all, don’t forget to bring your good mood and desire to have fun in the wonderful world of Disney!
What to Do When It Rains in the Parks?
Rain is not a reason to give up on your visit to Disneyland Paris. On the contrary, it can be an opportunity to discover activities and attractions that will make you forget about the bad weather. Whether to warm up, entertain yourself, or educate yourself, there are plenty of things to do when it rains at Disneyland Paris. Here are some ideas to enjoy the park despite the rain:
- Visit covered or indoor attractions, such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Phantom Manor, Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain, or Ratatouille: The Adventure Continues.
- Attend shows and parades held in enclosed venues or under tents, such as Mickey and the Magician, The Lion King and the Rhythms of the Earth, or Disney Stars on Parade.
- Explore the shops and galleries of the park, where you’ll find souvenirs, clothing, books, toys, and much more. You can also take the opportunity to take photos with Disney characters who seek shelter in the shops.
- Discover the restaurants and cafes in the park, where you can taste culinary specialties from different countries and regions. You can also warm up with a hot drink or a Viennese hot chocolate.
- Take a break in your Disney hotel or one of the partner hotels in the park, where you can rest, relax, or enjoy the services and entertainment offered.
As you can see, there is plenty to do when it rains at Disneyland Paris. Feel free to check the official park website for schedules and availability of attractions and shows. And above all, don’t let the rain spoil your stay in Disney’s enchanted kingdom!
What Activities to Do Outside the Parks?
If you want to make the most of your stay at Disneyland Paris by discovering other activities outside the parks, you don’t have to give up due to bad weather. There are indeed many options to entertain yourself, educate yourself, or relax without having to face the rain or cold. Here are some suggestions for activities to do outside the parks of Disneyland Paris when the weather is bad:
- Visit the Val d’Europe shopping center, located just a few minutes away by car or free shuttle from the Disney hotels. You’ll find over 200 shops, a hypermarket, a Sea Life aquarium, and a spa.
- Discover the Vaux-le-Vicomte Castle, a 17th-century masterpiece that inspired the Palace of Versailles. You can admire the sumptuous apartments, the French gardens, and the Carriage Museum. Guided tours and activities are available year-round.
- Take a trip to Paris, the City of Light, which is less than an hour away by train from Marne-la-Vallée Chessy station. You can visit iconic monuments such as the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, or Notre-Dame, or stroll through picturesque neighborhoods like Montmartre, Le Marais, or Saint-Germain-des-Prés.
- Enjoy the recreational and sports activities offered by the Davy Crockett Adventure leisure center, located near the ranch of the same name. You can try archery, mini-golf, trampolining, or an adventure tree-climbing course.
- Relax in one of the spas or wellness centers located near Disneyland Paris, such as the Deep Nature Spa at Disney’s Newport Bay Club, the Celestia Spa at Disneyland Hotel, or the Aquatonic Spa in Val d’Europe.
What Activities to Do When It’s Too Hot? (Especially in Summer)
If you visit Disneyland Paris during the summer months, you may experience high temperatures and a large influx of visitors. Fortunately, there are ways to cool off and have fun without suffering from the heat.
- Take a dip in one of the pools at Disney hotels or partner hotels in the park. You can swim, relax, or have fun with slides, water jets, or water games. Some pools are covered and air-conditioned, allowing you to protect yourself from the sun.
- Visit the water-themed attractions in the park, such as Pirates of the Caribbean or It’s a Small World. You can enjoy a refreshing moment and entertainment by boarding boats or rafts that will take you through fairy-tale settings or thrilling adventures.
- Explore Walt Disney Studios Park, where you’ll find many indoor or air-conditioned attractions, such as Crush’s Coaster, Ratatouille: The Adventure Continues, or Stitch Live. You can also attend shows and animations that will give you a glimpse behind the scenes of cinema and television.
- Take a trip to the Val d’Europe shopping center, located just a few minutes away by car or free shuttle from the Disney hotels. You’ll find over 200 shops, a hypermarket, a Sea Life aquarium, and a spa.
- Enjoy water activities offered by Lake Jablines-Annet, located about twenty kilometers from Disneyland Paris. You can go canoeing, paddleboarding, sailing, or water skiing. You can also swim in a supervised area or relax on the beach.
As you can see, there are plenty of things to do at or around Disneyland Paris when it’s too hot. Don’t hesitate to check the websites of the different places to find out about prices, schedules, and reservation details. And above all, remember to stay hydrated regularly and protect your skin from the sun!
Header Image Credit : Tout Disney / Canva